What is WAMBAM? The ultimate test in endurance and creativity. WAMBAM is a 48-hour animation competition. Teams (or Individuals) draw three words from a hat to use as a framework for their animation. Teams have 48 hours to complete an entire animation short. Upon deadline 6:30pm Sunday, teams will submit their productions for judging.
In years past, many contestants have pitted their ideas and abilities against each other with the goal of creating a tight, little masterpiece in two intense days of concentrated activity. It’s time we got together and did it again. Register yourself or a team now by sending in the names of those animating.
Dates: Friday 20th July 6:30pm - Sunday 22nd July 6:30pm
Location: The Launch Pad, Murdoch University Library located at 90 South St, Murdoch WA 6150
Register: firstname.lastname@example.org Registrations close Monday 16th July 10pm
Entrance Fee: Free
- Friday 6:30pm - 11:00pm | Planning
- Saturday 8:00am - Sunday 6:30pm | Creation
- Sunday 7:00pm - 8:00pm | Screening & Awards
Participate age/restrictions: 18 years + only
Security: This site has onsite security. Please note, Wanimate accepts no responsibility for all external items brought into the venue by participants.
This event will be filmed with CCTV cameras present for the duration of the competition event. All participants acknowledge and accept that this footage may be used for promotional purposes or supplied to external security personnel if required by Wanimate.
SponsorsWe would like to thank the sponsors for this event and making WAMBAM 2018 possible.
- Entries are restricted to Western Australian residents or registered organisations only.
- There is no cost to enter. All costs associated with the production of each entry is the applicant’s responsibility and cannot be claimed.
- All participants are required to bring along their own computers and associated equipment i.e. animation rigs (provided they are copyright free or you have permission to use these animated characters); Audio effect - a microphone, editing software etc. If you don’t have access to these please contact us prior to Wednesday 18th July and let us know.
- Provisions include: the use of tables, chairs, wifi, kitchen, bathrooms, power, resting spaces (BYO pillow)
- Teams are to consist of 5 or less individuals and are required to produce an animated piece about a theme that will be decided on the first night (Friday 20th July)
- Representatives from the 2018 Wanimate Committee will decide and announce the theme of the competition on Friday 20th July at 7:00pm in the Launch Pad of the Murdoch University Library.
- Once the theme has been announced, teams will have up to 48 hours to produce a short animated film or animated piece.
- All entries must be original works and made specifically for the 2018 Wanimate Wam-Bam competition.
- Animation of any type – for example 3d, 2d, traditional, stop-motion etc. - are welcome.
- Films must be no longer than two minutes long not including credits.
- The film cannot have been commercially released or submitted to festivals or other competitions before.
- All participants grant Wanimate permission to screen and or distribute all produced content anyway they see fit.
- Judges: TBA
- Prizing will be awarded based on SKILL not chance.
- Judging will be based on what is submitted at the 6:30pm deadline.
- One team will be declared the “major winning team” of the 2018 WAM-BAM competition.
- Each participating member of the “major winning team” will be awarded a prize pack.
- Prizing cannot be exchanged, transferred or redeemable for cash and must be taken as given.
- Prize sponsors, including Wanimate, will not be liable for any loss or damage which is suffered or sustained in connection with prizes.
Code of Conduct
PurposeThe organisers and community around Wanimate Wam-Bam Animation Competition 2018 – Murdoch University South Street - Run by Wanimate believes our community should be truly open for everyone. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, or religion.
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for participant behaviour as well as the consequences for unacceptable behaviour.
We invite all sponsors, volunteers, speakers, attendees, media, exhibitors and other participants to help us realise a safe and positive conference experience for everyone.
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behaviour and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert Wanimate organisers if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
Unacceptable BehaviourUnacceptable behaviours include: intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning conduct by any attendees of Wanimate Wam-Bam Animation Competition 2018 – Murdoch University South Street - Run by Wanimate and related events. Murdoch University venues are shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
Harassment includes: offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (including presentation slides); deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events; inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
Consequences of Unacceptable BehaviourUnacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated whether by other attendees, media, speakers, volunteers, organisers, venue staff, sponsors, or exhibitors.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behaviour is expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in unacceptable behaviour, the Wanimate organisers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the Wam Bam without warning or refund.
ScopeWe expect all conference participants (sponsors, volunteers, speakers, attendees, and other guests) to abide by this code of conduct at all conference venues and conference-related social events.
Contact InformationFull Name: Simon Allen
PhotographyParticipants - we may want to take your photo during the course of the 2018 Wanimate Wam Bam Animation Competition. A Wanimate or Murdoch University volunteer, who will be identified publicly at each site, will take these photos. Where possible, the volunteers will ask for your permission first, but for larger crowd shots this may not occur. If you would not like your photo taken, please let the photographer know.
As a courtesy to each other’s privacy, we respectfully ask that you do not take photos of people you do not know.